Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog

Hello there, my name is Daniel and this is my blog for animation and such. I'm hungry I will eat lunch from now on.

I'm particularly interested in art by Jamie Hewlett as his style is quite unique. Jamie Hewlett is known for being the co-creator of Gorillaz and also for his comic book series Tank Girl. Here's the film clip for the Gorillaz song 19-2000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IUjtHf76wM

Another person I draw inspiration from is hayao miyazaki as the amount of detail and effort which goes into his work is truly amazing. I also think that the style in which he draws is interesting as it is different from typical anime; its more realistic and the characters don't seem to be based around the same stereotypical guidelines as most others. My favourite films by him are either Spirited Away or Howls Moving Castle, though I find all of them genuinely interesting.

I'm interested in the art style used in the movie Dead Leaves. This movie is very obscene and has a fairly loose plot where everything is high intensity and overdone. That being said I still like what the main characters look like and it has some fairly innovative ideas incorporated. If you're easily offended you shouldn't watch this movie.

I'm also quite interested in anime, not the style of art so much, more the storylines themselves. I've watched a few series' but the ones I enjoyed most were, Baccano!, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Durarara!!, Hellsing (the original one I like more because of the way the music fits the story) and recently I've started watching Paranoia Agent.

Despite my love of anime I am influenced by the over-the-top expressions that many western cartoons have. Early disney movies I think are quite interesting as they reflect a lot upon the culture of their time and they seem to have occaisional scenes that aren't plot related but are more focussed on the portrayal of interesting things the animators can create.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll put up links to things that I find interesting in the future when I find them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment